How to Use One Gmail Address For Multiple Twitter Account?

Date 4/1/2013
Some time ago I was facing a problem related to my twitter account, I create my twitter account with my primary email address. And don't know how did someone hack my account or something else but not able to regain my twitter account again.

So I create a new twitter account and I want to use same email address with my new created  twitter account ,And you are probably aware of the fact that you cannot associate the same email address with multiple Twitter accounts. Try that and Twitter will throw up an error saying – “Email has already been taken”.  


There’s however a simple workaround that will let you use the same email address with all your Twitter handles – the only condition is that you should be using a Gmail or Google Apps email address.

In Gmail, you can add a dot (.) anywhere in the username and all emails address to that new alias will still reach your mailbox. For instance, if your original email address is hello@gmail.com, any emails sent to he.llo@gmail.com or he.ll.o@gmail.com will land in your mailbox because Gmails ignores periods in the email username. 

And that’s what you can use to trick Twitter. Twitter will consider hello@gmail and he.llo@gmail as two separate and valid email addresses even though they point to the same Gmail Inbox. 


Share/Bookmark